Wednesday, July 13, 2005

'Scuse me while I kiss this guy

Both I and a loyal reader of Data Janitor have puzzled over the lyrics to the refrain of a song that has been featured in numerous films and commercials over the years. It took a little e-sleuthing, but I managed to track down the artist and song title via the Boogie Nights original motion picture soundtrack and from there, I was able to get the lyrics. Without further ado, the lyrics for Sister Christian by Night Ranger are: "You're motoring / What's your price for flight / In finding mister right / You'll be all right tonight". Our best guess was "Motoring / What's your price to fight?". We were close, but in many respects, way off.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man, I wish I could remember that scene a little more vividly. I guess I'll have to rent the movie again. My sieve-like memory for films is a blessing and a curse - I can watch the same movie multiple times and be surprised by the same thing over and over, but it sometimes leaves alarming gaps knowledge of my pop culture.