Monday, March 03, 2008

Let's Stay Together

One of my favorite blogs has been running ads for a Christian online dating service called Together Christian. Not being in the market for online dating services, Christian or otherwise, I normally don't pay much attention to these ads, but it's hard to miss this one, thanks to the busty blonde woman in a tank top they used in their ad.



I don't think I've ever seen sex appeal used to sell religion (or in this case, products & services to the religious) in quite this manner before. For what it's worth, the women in the JDate billboard that I blogged about a couple years ago are also wearing tank tops, though they aren't as skimpy as the one worn by the Together Christian woman. What any of this says about anything I'm not about to speculate, but it's always interesting to see how religion is marketed. In 20 years time, this [warning - audio link] Onion story from a couple years back may not seem so far-fetched.

No comments: