Monday, August 20, 2007

Fog Hat

We went to Town Beach after work last Thursday to play some beach ultimate. We drove into a fairly think layer of fog as we approached the beach. If you've never seen a beach shrouded in fog, it really is quite a sight to behold. It's best if the beach is not crawling with people, since the emptiness combined with the fog makes for a very mysterious atmosphere. I'm still such a tourist when it comes to the ocean. I make it a point to go swimming every time I go to the beach regardless of weather, water temperature, etc. because going to the beach is still a pretty novel experience for me, even though I now live close enough to the water to drive to the beach after work. True to form, I went in for a swim after playing frisbee. The sun had set and it was starting to get pretty dark by then. I'm pretty sure it was the first time I ever went swimming in the ocean in the dark. Like a foggy beach, a swim at dusk is another highly recommended experience.

No comments: